Year in review here at Silver Griffon Designs

Well its that time of year again when we reflect on the past 12 months. And make changes for the New Year. I personally will be glad to see 2012 go  bye bye. A lot went on some good and some bad I wont reflect on the bad since that is behind me and I am looking forward.

Lets see I went to see Nickleback for my birthday in April with my brother that was so awesome. Finally got to hear a few of my favorite songs. Had really greats seats too would have preferred a little more leg room but what ya gonna do. That's was the first time I had been to the Wells Fargo Center. Lots of folks don't like them but I do.


Then it was time for vacation in august. That's always a lot of fun hanging with the crew of the USS Sovereign down at Shore leave a annual sci-fi convention near Baltimore. This was the 2nd year we did not have a prop to deal with and it was so nice. We were able to just relax and chill not have to get up at the crack of dawn to check on it. I like shore leave its a nice relaxing yet fun convention where the stars hang out in the bar with the fans or you may pass them in the halls going to your hotel room. If you like sci-fi and are on the east coast I highly recommend it.

This is our table in the great hall where all the fan tables and stars are.

Mini Star Wars fan hanging in the lobby with R2D2

We think this Alien had too much to drink snoozing in the lobby. LOL!!!


Vacation is now over and then it was time to concentrate on the business. Not that I don't think about it every day. Just certain times of the year get extra thought. Usually start going into craftiness overdrive around the beginning of September. Since the holiday season is right around the corner. time to plan for craft shows and other events.

Went on my very first business trip to New York City by myself!!! Very proud of me I hate going places by myself. I will just mention it briefly here since I did write a separate blog post about my trip. Business trip out of the way I got to see another of my favorite bands Three Days Grace for my brothers birthday in October. That was interesting I had never been to the TLA before and will not make any plans to return. The band was great the venue in my personal opinion sucked totally too small for that type of music. But It was great to hear my song and my brother enjoyed himself and we got to spend time on south street at 11 at nite that was cool!!!

Three Days Grace



Now we are in the full swing of craft show season I am going over my list of potential shows for the season.And thinking of new things to add to my list of growing items for sale. while I was in the craft store I can across these storage crafts which I now added. And my new obsession with scrapbook paper is growing because of it.


Halloween storage crates 2012

Favorite storage crate
I love how they turned out with the scrapbook paper. I stayed away from using scrapbook paper for so long. I always felt it was too think to do decoupage. Glad I was wrong I love the stuff now and plan to use more in the future. And I have decided to get a cutting machine either a Cricut or a Silhouette Cameo so I can take my decoupaging to the next level.

And I finally got to make my broom dolls. This was an idea I have been holding onto for so long. And just never found the time to make them and this year was the year. I love how they turned out and were well received.

Here is my Halloween Broom Doll

Christmas Broom Doll

Craft lover Broom Doll


So I narrowed down my list of shows and went with Global leadership Charter School holiday craft show. Nice small show to start and it was for a good cause to help raise money for the school. My whole family stepped up to the plate to help which was totally awesome couldn't have done it without them. I spent 2 weeks straight getting ready running around like a mad woman to prepare. Which I will never do again. Note to self don't wait till last minute to do stuff!!! It was so bad I was drinking coffee to help stay awake. And I don't like coffee LOL!!! But it was a learning experience. So the nite before the show no sleep I am up till 5 am putting the final touches on my items. 7am rolls around time to pack and get dressed.

Now at the show and its show time!! Family is there my brother and niece are my helpers thank goodness for them. They help keep me awake every time I sat down I was ready to fall over I was so sleepy. But everything turned out great. I swore I wasn't going to have enough stuff but I did.

Here I am my niece is hiding behind the pillar in the background LOL!!!

This is the middle of my table jewelry is in the brown dishes in front.

Left side of the table. Love how my headband display turned out it was custom made for me.

Right side broom dolls decoupaged clipboards and fabric bookmarks.

And my new banner not too bad for free.

Well that is some of the highlights of my year in 2012.  I already have a few things in the works for 2013. Silver Griffon Designs will be going in a new direction with our product line. I am thinking about being true to my first love and that's history and reenacting. I still will be making lots of fun things but I want to add a historical and fantasy angle to the line as well. Still working out the details but stay tuned for the big new unveil later in the new year.

To all my fans and readers of my blog. I wish you all A Happy New Year and a most blessed future for all your new adventures!!!

Stacey
Silver Griffon Designs

Comments

Popular Posts